I am looking forward to our conference call tomorrow evening with Megan Marshall, the author of MARGARET FULLER: A New American Life. Megan sent us this article from The Slatest reporting on the GOP Debate and how the candidates responded to the question of what woman they would like to see on the 10 dollar bill. Megan thought we would be interested in how the candidates responded–take a look below.
Perhaps we don’t know the heroines of American history very well. Thanks to Megan, we have gotten to know the revolutionary heroine Margaret Fuller .
Please join us for a rich conversation tomorrow evening.
Politics for the People Conference Call
With Megan Marshall
Sunday, September 20th at 7 pm EST
NOTE NEW CALL IN NUMBER
641 715-3605, Code 767775#
CNN’s Jake Tapper asked the 11 candidates in Wednesday night’s main-event Republican presidential debate which woman they would want to put on the $10 bill. In other words, “name any historically important female American.” Here are their answers:
- Rand Paul: Susan B. Anthony.
- Mike Huckabee: His wife.
- Marco Rubio: Rosa Parks.
- Ted Cruz: Rosa Parks (but on the $20; he’d keep Hamilton on the $10).
- Ben Carson: His mother.
- Donald Trump: His daughter or Rosa Parks.
- Jeb Bush: Margaret Thatcher.
- Scott Walker: Clara Barton.
- Carly Fiorina: Wouldn’t change the bill.
- John Kasich: Mother Theresa.
- Chris Christie: Abigail Adams.
Forty-five percent of those people are not historically important female Americans.